If not, you may not be in business much longer. Now I know there is always an exception to the rule, BUT, for the majority of businesses you need to continually market that business in order to stay in business.
Let me ask you a question. How do you stand out from your competition? Are you marketing to your customers? Marketing to new customers? Or both? Either way, you need to stand out from the crowd. If you are the same as all the rest why would a potential customer give you their business instead of your competition? Every business, in the same vertical, at the base does the same thing.
Let’s take a chiropractor for instance. If someone is going to go to a chiropractor they are going there because they have a specific need. Those needs vary greatly, but at the base, they have a problem that needs to be solved. Maybe they are having constant headaches, maybe they have lower backpain, or maybe they have trouble lifting their arm. The list as to why someone would go see a chiropractor goes on and on.
Just like the number of reasons you would go see a chiropractor, there are just as many chiropractors out there that can help you with those needs. I don’t think I can drive down the street without seeing numerous offices that I could give my business to. But the question is, why would I give my business to chiropractor A instead of B or C or D?
And with that, again, there are so many different reasons. A few of which might be:
- A specific technique that you like or have been told works better than another.
- Recommended to one by a friend or an online review.
- You like the personality of one over the other.
Since there are so many reasons why one would choose any given chiropractor over another, the same goes for your business. You should be marketing to the strengths that make your business stand out from your competition. Really dive in and figure out what sets you apart from the rest.
- Do you always return calls? Believe it or not, a lot of businesses really lack here (but that’s another post).
- Are you accessible?
- Do you have a product or service someone else in your industry doesn’t? Or do you feel you do it better?
- Are you friendly and welcoming? This isn’t always the case either, surprise!
- Is quality the number one thing you focus on?
- Do you go to your client or do they come to you?
- Are you flexible?
The list goes on forever! There are so many ways you can stand out from your competition. You just need to make a list and figure out what sets you apart and then market to those strengths! If you need some help with figuring out what sets you apart or if your marketing materials need an overhaul to help you stand
out we can help! Here is an article on something as simple as a business card, but it is something that can make a difference in your business if not done right. Just give us a call!